Life is a mystery and the world a beautiful and complex place. So I write to make my way through it. This is how I shall liberate myself and make my own heart happy.

Sunday, May 31, 2015

Flower, Fleur, Flor


A stem, a petal
Simple elements.
Purple, yellow, pink
Brilliant in display.

The master impressionist at work.
Designing, demonstrating
Broad strokes of genius.

Sweet, pungent, tropical, soothing.
A whiff and a reflection;
Sweet memories.

A hope, a promise.
In celebration, sadness, just because.
Gathered together or in solitude.

Always timely.







6 comments:

  1. Wait a second?! Did you write this poem??? It's absolutely wonderful. The structure is nice. Prose AND Poetry. Hmmm..you just might be on to something :) I loved the title as well. -Moriah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lady...yes, I'm trying something new. The poetry book you gave me was very helpful.

      Delete
  2. WOW, Karen!!! That poem is awesome. So much said in so few words. Gonna print it out for my fridge. Again, Wow! (Karen O)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Reading this was a wonderful way to begin a
    too-cold spring morning! - Jana

    ReplyDelete