Life is a mystery and the world a beautiful and complex place. So I write to make my way through it. This is how I shall liberate myself and make my own heart happy.

Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Angels in the Snow



Falling back
and sinking deep,
we made angles.

Our arms
went up and down and
our legs in and out.

Above, lived the sky
and trees with
spindly branches.

I wondered,
where do birds go
when it snows?

We stayed out
until called back in
 to love –

A home,
 and hot chocolate
from the stove.


_________________________________________________


Self-portrait
Georgia Avenue, Silver Spring
A couple, below the metro 
East West Highway, Silver Spring
Grocery store parking lot
Outside the Silver Spring Metro 
Evening view from home
Snow Angel (Courtesy of Lissie)

7 comments:

  1. Nice!!!!! (K Owens)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pictures are gorgeous!! Reminds me of my childhood in Rochester. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jana, glad this brought up snowy childhood memories. Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the poem! I know you don't write a lot of poetry and clearly from this example, you should do more. Btw, did you make a snow angel on the day you took the pictures? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Kat! I have begun to embrace different styles of writing so I believe there will be more poetry in the future. Now I like to watch others make snow angels. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love Love Love the poem. I went on a walk with the boys during the first night of the blizzard. It was like I was a kid again. The snowflakes made me feel light and airy despite the layers of cloths I had on...lol Your poem is perfect and makes me feel young again! Your old friend Lissie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lissie! Thanks for dropping by and for sending me the picture of that sweet snow angel. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete